CBD-Infused Coconut Oil Recipe
- 1 cup (240 ml) of unrefined, organic coconut oil
- 1/2 ounce (14 grams) of high-quality CBD flower
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer
- Slow cooker or double boiler
- Decarboxylate the CBD flower: Preheat your oven to 245°F (120°C). Spread the CBD flower evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring the flower every 10 minutes to ensure even heating.
- Grind the decarboxylated CBD flower using a grinder or your hands, making sure not to over-grind it into a fine powder.
- Infuse the coconut oil:
- Slow cooker method: Combine the coconut oil and ground CBD flower in the slow cooker. Set the temperature to low and let it cook for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Double boiler method: Fill the bottom part of the double boiler with water and heat it over low heat. Combine the coconut oil and ground CBD flower in the top part of the double boiler. Cook for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure to check the water level in the bottom pot to prevent it from drying out.
- Strain the mixture: Place a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer over a glass container. Pour the infused coconut oil through the strainer to remove the CBD flower. Press the flower with the back of a spoon to extract any remaining oil. Discard the leftover plant material.
- Store your CBD-infused coconut oil in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Use it as a base for the CBD-Infused Coconut Oil Brownies or any other recipes that call for coconut oil.
To calculate the CBD content in your infused coconut oil, use the Edible Dosage Calculator. Input the CBD percentage of your flower and the amount of oil you used to get the total milligrams of CBD in the infused oil.
CBD-Infused Coconut Oil Recipe – Additional Tips and Uses
Tips for selecting CBD flower:
- Choose high-quality, grown CBD flower from a reputable source to ensure the best results.
- Look for lab test results that show the CBD and THC content of the flower. This will help you accurately calculate the dosage in your recipes.
Using CBD-infused coconut oil in recipes:
- You can replace regular coconut oil with CBD-infused coconut oil in any recipe that calls for it. This will add the benefits of CBD to your dishes without altering the flavor.
- When cooking with CBD-infused coconut oil, avoid high heat, as it can degrade the CBD content. Instead, use low heat or add the oil after cooking.
Additional uses for CBD-infused coconut oil:
- As a topical: Gently massage the oil into your skin to soothe and moisturize. It may help with localized discomfort or skin issues, such as dryness or inflammation.
- In beverages: Add a spoonful of CBD-infused coconut oil to your morning coffee, tea, or smoothie for a calming and uplifting effect.
- In self-care products: Use CBD-infused coconut oil as a base for homemade lip balms, lotions, or bath bombs.
Remember to start with a low dose and gradually increase it as needed. The effects of CBD can vary from person to person, so it’s essential to find the right dosage for your needs. Use the Edible Dosage Calculator and Creating Portions/Servings section to ensure you’re consuming the appropriate amount of CBD in your recipes.